CHANGE MANAGEMENT SOUTH AFRICA
- Change Management is a structured approach that leads transitioning individuals, teams and organisations through change. It is applied in situations of downsizing, growing or adding new technology to continue achieving business objectives.
- Whether the change is strategic, tactical, technological or leadership based it will have an impact on staff, processes and overall performance. Having a process in place will minimise any negative outcomes and will increase your positive results.
Why Is Our Approach to Change Management Different?
Up-Time’s Change Pyramid
This is where we start. We meet with the heads of the organisation and work with them to identify what type of change is needed and what approach we will take in terms of the change management. It is important that we then familiarise ourselves with the organisational structure and work within the structural framework to create a smooth transition during the restructuring process. This process provides us with an in-depth knowledge of the business and enables us to customise our approach going forward.
We facilitate the transition between the old process or system and the implementation and operation of the new one by following a three-phased approach from the current state through to future state.
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Change Readiness Assessment
- Resistance Assessments
- Skills Assessments
- Change Characteristics Profile
- Organisational Attributes Profile
- Change Management Strategy Guidelines
- Change Management Team Structure
- Sponsor structure and responsibilities
- Communications Plan Implementation
- Sponsor Roadmap
- Resistance Management
- Master Change Management Plan
- Project Team Activities
- Social Media
- ADKAR Workshops
- Compliance Audit Reports
- Corrective Action Plans
- End-User Satisfaction Survey
- After Action Review
- Close Out Report
When it comes to culture and change management, it is crucial that all members of the organisation are on the same page when it comes to the corporate culture of the organisation. Change often brings instability and a sense of imbalance so it is extremely important that the business remains as a unit during this time and overcomes the challenges together. The third element of our programme focuses on this cultural unification.
Within all the areas of transition is one common level – people. As qualified Prosci Change Management Practitioners, we know how threatening change can be for employees and how this can affect the day-to-day running of the business. As a result, we work with individuals on a 1-on-1 basis, depending on the needs of the organisation, in order to create successful change through Prosci’s ADKAR Model:
- Awareness of the need for change
- The desire to participate and support the change
- Knowledge on how to change
- Ability to implement required skills and behaviors
- Reinforcement to sustain the change
We assist individuals in learning how to use the ADKAR model to deal with change on a personal level. Similarly, the process and structural change are supported by a solid communications strategy that we employ throughout the change management programme.